Tuesday, July 27, 2010

iPod Addition: Delorean "Subiza"


With a full-blown Passion Pit obsession, I’ve had to force myself to scale back the personal jam sessions (which my apartment calls “noise violations,” but whatev) so as not to get sick of them. But finding a band to fill this very specific genre of void is like watching this season’s American Idol and craving an Adam Lambert-very unfulfilling! The other day I was vaguely remembering reeeeeally liking the band that opened for Miike Snow at Webster Hall. After some fiendish googling, I stuck gold – a musical treasure called Delorean. When they stepped on stage, you could tell everyone was looking at their watches wondering how much longer we’d have to wait for the main event. Then, they opened with “Stay Close,” and within seconds J and I looked at eachother as if to say “can we both be groupies?” This album is insanity, it’s as if Passion Pit took their keyboards to The Burning Man and got all tribal-electro. They aren’t touring the US (yet) but you better believe I’m stalking them down. If you only trust me with one $0.99 iTunes download, go with “Simple Graces” since it’s the most commercial and mainstream-y.


Still searching for someone to go to Burning Man with me one day since J draws the line at hipster concerts.


xx

L

No comments:

Post a Comment