Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Almost Famous" - The HBO Series!

This may be the best news I've heard since finding out Joe's Jeans "jeggings" are under $100 at Saks!

The fabulously gorgeous Zooey Deschanel is executive producing and starring in HBO's newest show "I'm With The Band: Confessions of a Groupie." The series will be based on the 1987 memoir written by former 60s/70s rock scenester Pamela Des Barres. In it, she chronicles her adventures in a time where musicians were true artists and just plain cooler than famous people are today. She started out as a nanny for Frank Zappa before eventually becoming the love interest of Mick Jagger and Jimmy Page. JEAL-OUS! Des Barres was a member of a troupe of groupies that called themselves “the GTOs,” which served as the inspiration for the “Band-Aides” in Cameron Crowe’s "Almost Famous" (only my favorite movie of all time). Pamela was also the inspiration for "Penny Lane's" character in the movie.


Being the wannabe hippie that I am (still trying to figure out how I can get to Coachella this year), I already picked up this book and will begin living vicariously immediately. In the mean time, "Hello Time Warner...yes I'll need HBO added to my account!"

"I always tell the girls to never take it seriously, if you never take it seriously, you never get hurt and if you never get hurt you always have fun" - Penny Lane, Almost Famous
xx
L

No comments:

Post a Comment