Tuesday, April 20, 2010

iPod Addition: XX "The XX"

I was watching my weekly Gossip Girl episode yesterday thinking about how awesome the show used to be and trying to decide when to cut off my fan-hood (it’s just so boooring now, right?) While Serena and Nate were making out in the coat closet (creative plot twist, I know...) I realize they’re playing one of my fav songs in the background! The song is called Crystalise by XX and this is what you should be listening to NOW! I first heard about them from my friend Monica in January and put off downloading them for a month or so since I wasn’t convinced. Lets just say, now I’m sold! She described their music as “make-out music for adults” and it’s kinda spot on! The sound is very quiet indie with a dash of 90’s goth. Ugh, and that slow strumming electric guitar is in like allllll the songs and it-is-sexy! If you only trust me with one $0.99 iTunes download, go with Crystalised (hey, if it works for Serena and Nate?).



XX to The XX
L

No comments:

Post a Comment