Thursday, April 8, 2010

iPod Addition: Yeasayer "Odd Blood"

I owe this discovery to my fabulous cousin Kiersten who I like to think I've turned into a bit of a hipster (recently got a text that she was at Miike Snow in DC, mission accomplished!) So Kier, I owe you a magnum of Veuve! Their sound is a mixture of Rusted Root and Cut Copy (yes, that has a sound and it's awesome!) It's like the kind of beachy summer music that isn't quite as literal as Vampire Weekend. If JCrew and American Apparel had a love-child store, this would be their soundtrack. Ok.....enough far-out analogies, BUY THIS ALBUM! If you only trust me with one $0.99 iTunes download, go with O.N.E. but don't stop there! You will also need Love Me Girl and basically every other song of theirs.


What would a JCrew/American Apparel outfit even look like?

xx
L

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Laur! You're dead on Cut Copy meets Rusted Root, so unexpected but so great!

    ReplyDelete