Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Kanye Replacement: Scott "Kid Cudi" Mescudi

We all know I'm obsessed with Kanye and I've been deprived of his level of musical coolness since 808's & Hearbreaks (so lame) and his VMA stupidity. This is where my new artistic renaissance man steps in: Kid Cudi.

This guy is the epitomy of effortless cool--a true artist and innovator. Time Out New York has just named him one of their "most fashionable New Yorkers" and they're dead on! He's married Brooklyn hipster style with hip-hop attitude the same way Kanye did with popped collars and cableknit sweaters. He stars in HBO's "How To Make It In America" (Entourage for us New Yorkers) all while being an amazing recording artist. Yes, you all know his hit "Day 'N Nite" but seriously--if you don't own his full album "Man On The Moon-The End Of Day" you're missing out on SO many awesome jams. While I may be a bit more daring with musical taste, his stuff really is for everyone! Songs like "Up Up & Away" and "Enter Galactic" are just a few great ones. The video for my personal favorite, "Pursuit of Happiness," has just released. The song features MGMT (swoon!) and Ratatat (double swoon!) and it's just pure awesomeness:



"If I fall, if I die know I lived it to the fullest. If I fall, if I die, know I lived it missing bullets"


xx

L

No comments:

Post a Comment